Dr. Florence Mmbwanga
PhD in Media and Communications from Kisii University
MA in Media and Communication Studies from University of Nairobi
BED in English Studies and Literature from Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
Papers Published in Peer-Reviewed Journals
Mmbwanga, F, Dr. Martina, M.& Prof. Kibiwott, K. (2019). Effect of Social Media on Family Communication. International Journal of Science Arts and Commerce (IJSAC) Volume.4. No.10, October-2019.
Mmbwanga. F., Dr Martina, M.& Prof. Kibiwott K. (2019). Digital Media and Parenting. International Journal of Family and Society (IJFS)
Mmbwanga, F., Bosire, J.& Martina, M. (2018). Influence of Social Media on Family Communication. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer & Communication (IJIRCC), Vol No.6, Issue:6, July 2018.
Mmbwanga, F. & Martina M. (2018). Gender Stereotyping in Social Media among University Students. Journal of Global Research in Computer Science (JGRCS), Volume no.: 9 Issue: 6, August, 2018
Etakwa, E. & Mmbwanga, F. (2018). The Role of Culture in Communication. Machakos University 1st Annual International Conference, Machakos University Hotel and Conference Centre, 17th – 19th April 2018.
Mmbwanga, F. & Etakwa, E. (2018). Effect of culture on Language used in Communication Technology by University Students. Machakos University 1st Annual International Conference, Machakos University Hotel and Conference Centre, 17th – 19th April 2018.
Etakwa, E. & Mmbwanga, F. (2018). The Structure of Olunyala (K). International Mother Language Day, University of Nairobi, 21st February 2018.
Mmbwanga. & Etakwa, E. (2016). The Sheng Identity and Influence on Academic Endevours. International Journal of Social Science and Economic Invention, Vol 2 Issue 5. July 2016.
Mmbwanga. F.& Etakwa E. ( 2016). The Sheng Identity, Cultural Background and influence on Communication in Academic Endeavors, Academic communication Competence in the Industry and Academy”, Strathmore University, 19th-20th May 2016
Mmbwanga, F. (2015). Children’s Rights & Media: Subservience of Children’s Rights by Media when Reporting. Lambert Academic Publishing, Paperback.NO.: 978-3-659-66194-5
Mmbwanga F.et al, (2014) Quick Revision in English, Longhorn Publishers, Nairobi.
Mmbwanga F and Dr. Fritz R. K (2013), Excel and Succeed Malawi: Senior Secondary English; Form 4, Longhorn Publishers, Nairobi.
Dr. Fritz R. Kadyoma and Florence Mmbwanga (2013), Excel and Succeed Malawi: Senior Secondary English; Form 4 – Teacher’s Guide, Longhorn Publishers, Nairobi.
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS
2020 Participant, School of Ministry and Leadership Development (Module 2)
2019 Participant, School of Ministry and Leadership Development(Module 1)
2019 Participant, Machakos University 2nd Annual International Conference, Machakos University Hotel and Conference Centre, 24th to 26th April, 2019.
2018 Participant, School of Humanities and Social Sciences Workshop on Curriculum Review, Machakos University Hotel and Conference Centre, 21st June 2018.
2018 Participant, Sheng Workshop, IAS, Kenyatta University, 19th – 20th June 2018.
2017 Participant, School of Humanities Curriculum Development Workshop, Machakos University Hotel, 9th June 2017
2016 Participant, Research and Innovation Workshop, Le Technisch Hotel, 15th-16thDecember 2016.
2016 Participant, Kabarak University’s Conference on Research and Innovation for Social Empowerment-12th -15th July, 2016
2016 Participant, Workshop on Tone in African Languages, Kenyatta University, 16th-17th May 2016
2016 Participant, International Mother Language Day 2016, University of Nairobi, Kenya 23rd– 25th February 2016.
- Participant, Leadership and management training workshop held at Turtle Bay Beach hotel Mombasa-24th to 26th July 2015
- Facilitator, Careers workshop held at State house Girls’ Sch Nairobi -5th to 6thFebruary,2014
- Facilitator, Careers Workshop held at Silver Springs Hotel, Nairobi-20th t0 21st August 2014
- Participant, First Aid training &Workshop held at Langata Branch Headquarters-Kikuyu-9th-10th September,2014
- Participant, English Authors’ workshop held at Assis Hotel in Eldoret-19th to 24th August,2013
- Participant, Leadership and Management training held at Sunshine Sch-20th to 21st October,2013
- Participant, Strategic Planning Seminar held at Safari Park hotel-11th March 2013
- Participant, Mentoring workshop held at Alliance High Sch -5th to 6th 2012
- Participant, Disaster Management training by IBAAC held at ST. John’s headquarters Nairobi-8th-9th July 2011
- Participant, Guidance & Counseling Workshop held at Laico Regency hotel,20th to 21st August,2011
- Participant, Careers Workshop held at St. George’s Girls’ Sec.Sch-11th May,2011
- Participant, Workshop for English Teachers held at K.I.E. -3rd to 4th February,2010
- Participant, NESS Workshop on Publishing held at Moi Nairobi Girls’ sch-5th to 6th April,2009
- Participant, Macmillan Workshop for English Teachers held at Stem Hotel, Nakuru-12th to 13th March 2009
2006 Participant, Strategic Planning Workshop on KCSE teaching Approach & model Exam Papers
2005 Participant, Seminar on Challenges of Teaching English held at Golf Hotel Kakamega
- Participant, Teachers Development Workshop Uasin Gishu High School, Eldoret.
2004 Participant, Workshop-using Dictionary to improve Language Skills held at Assis Hotel, Eldoret
MEMBERSHIP TO PUBLIC SOCIETIES
PRSK (Public Relation Society of Kenya)
CAK (Communications Association of Kenya)
PAST EMPLOYMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
2018 – AG. Director Corporate Affairs 26/7/2018 – 6/8/2018
2017 – 2018 Examination & Timetabling Coordinator, Department of Linguistics & Languages
2009-2010-Chief Editor: The Phoenix Magazine-1st edition
2004-2008-Chief Editor: The Pinnacle Magazine Produced 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th edition
Public Service & Volunteer Work
2019 to date – Member, Executive Committee CITAM Women Ministry
2018- to date – B.O.G member CITAM Schools and Chair B.O.G. Academic Committee
– Preparation and review of the School Strategic Plan
2012 to date – Member, Red Cross Association
2012-2015 Participant and Member of Organizing Committee, Freedom from Hunger Walk
2012- 2015 Participant and Member of organizing Committee, Mater Heart Run
2011- 2015 Participant and Member organizing committee, Nairobi Hospice Walk
2000-2007-Writing Trainer at Provincial level
2000-2007-Public Speaking Coordinator-Provincial
2000-2014 Adjudication of Drama Items-Provincial Adjudicator
2000-2014- Choir/Verse / Drama Trainer